Thursday, July 15, 2010

Diva in Sabah!

Day dreaming for all the good things to happen, dreaming of a summer vacation with myself. Dream of pampering myself. Dream of sipping smoothies with night view. Dream having sun tans.Dream of going on a jet plane alone. Dream sitting and do nothing at the beach. Dream looking at the wave all noon.

Finally I'm back on earth, its been a good 6 days well recharge during these days. I'm bless that my DREAM came true, this is my very first time traveling all by myself and pay for own trip and accommodation. I've did it at the age of 22, and yes it might be an ordinary dream for you but not me. I'm glad thing sail on smoothly and I have no regret on making this decision-traveling alone. I will definitely do it again, perhaps somewhere further then this? I was told not to travel alone, but I know the giant in me is bigger then anything in this world cause He is the best creator!

This time traveling I bump into many strangers no matter where I'm. First in the flight, then the beach, then the immigration line-ups following in the city.Ooh and not forgetting they come in all kinds of age. They are all nice people and I'm lovin' these feeling! During my time alone, I'm on my pod.I almost tear because I'm playing a song that is sang by Sammi Cheng- God has prepared for me. Yes and I believe everything was planned from the beginning. He knows each an every step I'm taking. I'm bless and Jesus you make things possible!!
My likes : Books and Music
Okay when I landed on Sabah in the evening I was kinda tire together excited to explore this land. Ivy catch me in the terminal then we went for dinner my first meal was Sang Yok Min(生肉面) then headed home for a quick shower, then headed out for supper
+ famous bubble tea (aka YOYO)- FYI I gain weight during this holiday.Bad.

The next day ( 9-Jul) I headed to Manukan Island, nice place for relaxation and snorkeling, I went for a short snorkeling and spend most of my time sunbathing and picture taking. The sand was fine, the corals were nice not forgetting the colorful fishes under the deep blue sea. Sadly the weather wasn't that pleasant, it pour right after I finish exploring around still bless :) The journey back to the jetty was awful because of the blurry view, and the current we have to go against the wave it was rough enough that the boat almost went upside down, but thank God we are safe.
on our way to island
Dinner time I struggled to have BKT because I have it back in my hometown, but Ivy insisted to go and have a try. Okay being adventurous enough I tried, all I could say is that it was a whole new taste stronger taste of herbs. I like it! Moving on,we headed to the tallest building in KK, known as the Revolving @mosphere Restaurant for a drink it was bit pricey tho but what more for a good night view?
the platform revolves and it shows 360 degree view just by sitting at your place.
Check out my tan and this is what I call satisfaction!
Day 3, I was tempted to try the 牛扎面 (ngau chap min) I'm not sure is the spelling correct, to be clear it is known as the beef noodles my favorite of the day! It was hot boiling with all my fav ingredients and the soup except the intestines---mouth watering!
I was carving for beach, sun and sea, Ivy did not fail me everyday I get the chance to experience the sea breeze. Went to Sutera Harbor a well known site to get one step closer to the sea creatures!
you get what I meant?

After my seaside viewing, Ivy got to get back to her church for practice and I told her I prefer to stay at home rest do some reading all noon. Then night I headed to the famous and largest mall in KK- 1 Borneo it wasn't what I expected. Ivy and cell group have a treasure hunt in the mall I did not join for I'm on a holiday! I pampered myself in New York New York for goods (I know you might be thinking why am I eating something that exist in KL) well I have no choice, but I've chosen there because it has the best setting for reading and foodie time. I had my whole long Saturday with myself apparently I enjoy being alone.
Sunday morning is the day I'm counting down, my morning was greeted with a friendly friend of Ivy namely Alvin he was command to bring me to the Kaya Street for Ivy won't be able at that time cause she serving in the P&W team. Kaya St. is a street that is well known to have local delicacies and souvenir , I only bought some local snacks for my family it was an eye opening market. Time was bit tight, me and Alvin did a quick walk and shopping then headed to church-- Glory Christian Church. As usual my Sunday is for Jesus :) Stepped out from church headed for fooood! Peppermint was the restaurant they serve Vietnamese Food, I definitely adore the food there especially their spicy chicken rice and Vietnam spring roll!

Tummy was fill, head of to Karai Bunai an hour drive there, out of the city to sea side it was nice and relaxing moving on to Rasa Ria, another nice beach and resorts. Many sun many sea many laughter and MANY pictures!Alvin, Sab, Ivy, and Eric

chill coconut pudding
All good moments pass by quickly dawn came, what more I've miss out here is SEAFOOD time! Finally all the good news I have heard in KL about the big, fresh and CHEAP seafood! I'm not a seafood person, but I do eat from time to time.

We had dinner what 大家来restaurant if not mistaken the name, the food was good but the locals claim that there are much better food. Oh did I just miss out Alvin was with us all day long! I forgot to officially speak of Ivy's boyfriend Eric, he was our driver of the day throughout this journey.For he has came back from OZ not long ago, his friend from OZ came too, after seafood we meet up with Andy, Steph, and Lisy 3 of them were from OZ pure Chinese but brought up in OZ. With the typical slag of MATE! :D They are a bunch of fun people. Night ended.

My days of saying bye bye to the land is nearer, beforehand, my long awaited trip to Kundasang (神山) the mount. KK. We headed out early morning 8.30am with Alvin, and Jacquelin (Alvin's gf) we went for Tolup noodle (if not mistaken the name for it). First toilet stop there is a long house (Rumah Panjang) where they sell local goods, T-shirt and all kinds of varieties. We got some and headed to Hot Spring. After plan was to see the mount. but the weather fail me mist covered the mountain. Rain pour again, we headed back.

This is what I meant by seeing the lil peak of Kundasang

My last night dinner was in conjunction with Alvin's farewell he is heading to OZ to further his studies. Went to Uperstar (their daily meet-up place) for dinner and we had loads of fun! Went home early to do my packing and last catch up with Ivy. Our night ended at 2am with all the pillow talk.Happily packing with my last bubble tea!

The day I say bye bye. First meal was flat noodles. Then went to my final sea shore walk at Tanjung Aru this time around I can only sit and see the beach , listen to the wave singing and overview of the beach I went on the first day. We spend our last 3 hours together silently and lil' chat.
I almost pour when I look at the supernatural that God has created that immediate heal my sorrows and problems I left behind in KL. I know it's time to move on, get back to my life and be the salt and light of God everywhere I go. Jesus is the only purpose I'm living for.

Blessed me, Prime Minister was in KK too they are ushers with local costume.
SAB love Sabah!

Flown back to KL with a thankful heart, Ivy gave me the biggest hug and I saw tear rings in her eye I felt same too. But days was well spend and I really appreciate all the time I have with them and Ivy.

No comments: